The Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE) has released guidance allowing outdoor visitation for residential care facilities. This guidance allows outside visitation at residential care facilities with certain conditions to minimize the potential for spread of COVID-19.
Serenity House Assisted Living has created Policies and Procedures based on these guidelines and are outlined below.
- Serenity House Assisted Living will not have outdoor visitation if the facility has had any recent positive cases or outbreaks of COVID-19 and has not completed the required isolation period of 14 days. If any Serenity House facility has an active case of COVID-19, on-site outdoor visits will not be authorized.
- The outdoor visitation procedure may be revoked if the county or city where the facility is located is under Stay-at-Home orders related to COVID-19 or there are statewide restrictions implemented due to increased cases of COVID-19.
- All visits must be scheduled in at least 24 hours in advance of the visit. This is critical as we can only accommodate two visitors in the outdoor space at the same time. Visitors must schedule the visit by using the ONLINE BOOKING PLATFORM (noted in the Outdoor Visitation Procedures). There are certain hours of the day that visits are not permitted such as meal times and medication administration. The scheduling system will not allow you to schedule visits at these times. Prior to an outdoor visit, we will provide information about COVID-19, instructions for self-screening on the day of the visit, social distancing, mask wearing, and details about the visit structure. This information can also be found on the company website under the COVID-19 Information tab.
- All visitors will be greeted outside at the front main door by Serenity House staff, and the staff member will perform a temperature check and symptom screening in accordance with current CDC guidelines. Visitors with symptoms in the previous 14 days will not be allowed on-site visitation. Residents who are in isolation or quarantine related to COVID-19 or have symptoms related to COVID-19 may not participate in outdoor visitation.
- All visitors must wear a face mask or cloth face covering over their nose and mouth. All staff must wear a surgical mask at all times over their nose and mouth. Residents must wear a cloth mask unless doing so would inhibit the resident’s health.
- Visitors will supply their name and contact information to Serenity House for as-needed contact tracing purposes.
- Serenity House Assisted Living will establish a separate designated meeting area outdoors for the visitations. The facility will ensure that residents not participating in visits continue to have access to outdoor space. This visiting area will be monitored to ensure it remains separate from the facility population and staff.
- All visitors are required to maintain at least a 6 ft. distance at all times throughout the visit. If a resident needs assistance, please call one of the care staff over so that they may be of assistance.
- Each resident may have no more than two visitors at any given time.
- The furniture used for external visits will be appropriately cleaned and disinfected between visits.
- All visitors are permitted to stay for a maximum of 45-minutes. Please arrive at your scheduled visit time. This is extremely important for scheduling purposes and resident safety. Please be respectful of other family members and essential healthcare personnel who also have scheduled visits throughout the day.
- If you bring food or beverages to your family member, we will give it to them at a time after your visit. Unfortunately, at this time you cannot share these items with your family member as it will require you and the resident to take off your masks.
- Any visiting child that is not being held (or is in a stroller/baby carrier) is required to follow the same precautions such as: wearing a mask, not touching the resident, and maintaining at least a 6 ft. physical distance.